My name is Herm Baskerville, often nicknamed Hellmutt or just Mutt. I'm an English individual who spends most of des time around computers, enjoys reading and the occasional poem and loves dogs, whether the garden variety or the legendary and supernatural sort.
My day job is web-related, relatively junior, mostly administrative. The views expressed in my blog are my own, not my employer's.
Recurring topics here include animals, Asperger's syndrome, asexuality, atheism, computer- and web-related topics, dogs, dyspraxia, news commentary, red pandas and my writing exploits, many of which take place at Profusion, the writing-roleplay community I run. I also have an Obligatory Unpublished Fantasy Novel as a point of pride, and grand plans to spawn another. I have a Twitter account for close friends.
I am incapable of being entirely serious for any significant length of time.
Expertise & qualifications
- Time Man of the Year, 2006
- Authorised Pope (Discordianism)
- Twice-ordained minister (First Church of Atheism; Universal Life Church)
- As an angsty teenager, sent poems to a favourite author – who wrote back, rather surprised, to say they were actually good
- Caused another favourite author to wish publically for death
This blog is not currently being updated. I may in future archive the existing posts and use it for something different.
Please note that comments are automatically disabled on older entries as an anti-spam measure.